Emergency Services at Cleveland Regional Medical Center and Kings Mountain Hospital
Cleveland Regional Medical Center and Kings Mountain Hospital are accredited Chest Pain Centers by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
Open 24 hours a day, every day, the Emergency Departments (ED) at Cleveland Regional Medical Center (CRMC) and Kings Mountain Hospital (KMH) strive to provide excellent care and service to their communities.
- Accredited Chest Pain Centers, staff in both locations have demonstrated expertise and commitment to quality patient care by meeting or exceeding stringent criteria. This accreditation recognizes the procedures in place and the training the staff have received to respond to patients experiencing chest pain.
- CRMC was designated as North Carolina’s first Level III Trama Center in 1997. Since that time, only two other NC hospitals have achieved this designation.
- Our highly trained staff work to ensure that patients are evaluated, treated and transferred as appropriate. Carolinas Medical Center (CMC) in Charlotte serves as our regional referral hospital for patients that require more specialized care.
- We have emergency ground transportation and easy access to a medical helicopter to transport patients.
- Our partnership with CMC also means physicians at CRMC and KMH have access to immediate consultation, and patients experience no interruption in care when they are transferred from one facility to another.
Common Emergency Conditions:
- New or severe headaches
- A lot of bleeding that cannot be controlled.
- Chest pain or discomfort
- Jaw pain
- Left arm pain
- Neck discomfort
- Fever of 104° Fahrenheit or higher
- Numbness in the arms or legs
- Shortness of breath